Updated: Oct 29, 2019
1. Eat an high protein breakfast, it will leave you feeling fuller and you are more likely to make healthier food choices through out the day.
2. Drink plenty of water, sometimes your body confuses signals for thirst with feeling hungry instead
3. Cut back on sugars and carbs. These create an insulin response in your body . Insulin is the hormone responsible for telling your body to store glucose as fat . When insulin is reduced it is easier for your body to use stored fat as fuel
4. Increase protein in your diet and combine it with low carb veggies . Protein keeps you feeling fuller for longer and it’s been proven that people eating a high protein diet consume less calories a day and have a reduced desire to snack late at night and so aids weight loss . It’s also been proven that protein increases your energy expenditure by up to 80-100 calories a day so increases your metabolism.
- Meat – Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, bacon, etc.
- Fish and Seafood – Salmon, trout, shrimps, lobsters, etc.
- Eggs – Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.
Low carb veggies
- Brussels Sprouts
- Swiss Chard
5. Start lifting weights . Muscle burns calories so the leaner you are the higher your metabolism is. Try to lift weights 2-3 times a week and your body will soon become a calorie burning machine.
6. Stick to whole unprocessed foods and avoid refined carbs like white rice, white bread and pasta etc which have all the fibre stripped from them and breaks down really quickly which causes an insulin spike and as already mentioned increases your fat storage. Instead choose whole grain options , your body has to work harder to break these foods down and so gradually release glucose into the blood unlike processed foods.
7. Drinking half a litre of water half an hour before your meal has been shown to help dieters eat less calories at meal time
8. Get a good nights sleep, studies have shown a strong link with poor sleep patterns and obesity
9. Don’t drink your calories , cut out sugary sodas and fruit juices and drink more water.
10.Lastly eat regular meals this helps burn calories at a faster rate and also reduces the chance of snacking on high fat and high sugar foods .